Powder Coating & Other Finishes
Powder Coating both Clamps & Tube
Alvin Key Clamps and our steel tube, of all sizes, can be powder coated any standard RAL colour. Reasons for powder coating are varied, powder coating help meets the ‘warm touch’ criteria that many DDA handrails must adhere to. You may simply just prefer the look of powder coated to our standard galvanised steel tube, or you may be trying to match existing. Whatever the reason we will happily help achieve the finish you are looking for, please continue to read below or contact us by calling 0208 254 2626 or emailing email@example.com.
- Gives a great finish in your chosen colour
- No onsite painting saves on labour
- Match any RAL colour code
- Helps DDA handrails meet ‘warm touch’ criteria
- Lead time is up to 3 weeks
- Mistakes can be costly both in terms of time, as there is up to another 3 weeks to wait for replacements and financially as there is a £250 minimum charge for any powder coating
- Clamps and tubes are an industrial product and any blemishes that occur naturally during the manufacturing process may still be palpable after the items have been powder coated
- Any cuts that are made to the tube after they have been powder coated may result in damage to the powder coating surface.
- Powder Coating jobs are non-refunadable as they have been customised
What are RAL colour codes
Alvin Key Clamps & tubes can be powder coated to any RAL classic colour. These are standardised colours which you can use to match your new key clamps & tube to anything existing which you may want to match. There is a wide range of colours so you can choose the perfect one for you. You can find a full list of colours available here.
If you do not see the colour you are looking for or if you are unsure which colour to use please contact us and we are happy to help advise.
Please note the colour you see on screen can vary from how it looks when coated onto metalwork. The most common RAL for each standard colour are:
White: RAL 9003 Signal White
Black: RAL 9005 Jet Black
Red: RAL 3020 Traffic Red
Blue: RAL 5017 Traffic Blue
Yellow: RAL 1023 Traffic Yellow
Green: RAL 6024 Traffic Green
Grey: RAL 7046 Telegrey 2
How To Order Powder Coated Clamps & Tube
Our friendly, expert team are always happy to help with any questions, quotation requests or orders over the phone 020 8254 2626 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also get a quote or place an order for powder coating online. Firstly add your required items to the basket, then open your basket and you will see a section that says “Additional Services” – in there you will see an option to add powder coating to either your Alvin Key Clamps, your tube, or both. Enter your 4-digit RAL colour (see details above on what RAL colours are available) and then press “Apply”. All costs will be added to the basket in the “Powder Coating” subtotal and you can continue to shop from there.
We can coat your fittings and tube in almost any colour from the RAL Classic range, with the exception of fluorescent colours as follows:
- RAL 1026
- RAL 2005
- RAL 2007
- RAL 3024
- RAL 3026
- RAL 6038
Other Options for Painting
Some customers would use something like Hammerite if you are looking for a different finish to the galvanising but cannot wait for the powder coating.
- Can easily adapt project plan during install as painting will be the last step
- Easy to touch up any problems both during and after the install.
- Time consuming to paint
Ensure you use a metal paint or primer for Galvanised Metal
Please refer to paint manufacturer recommendations